Sunday, March 8, 2020

Learning my surroundings

So, I went to Wynwood to learn how and where I was going to film, and everything I saw was perfect. There was basically all I needed, a dark alley, dark and deteriorated setting and I found a way to establish the setting by climbing on a roof of the gallery. I asked to the owner of the gallery if I could film near the area and he told that I could. I waited until night to see everything but there was a huge problem. 

There was a lack of light, the area was so dark that you basically couldn't see anything I tried to use a few lights that I brought from home in order to see if I could fix the lightning problem, but I couldn't. But I didn't gave up, so what I did is I used the light of the car in order to see if the lightning was better but it wasn't, I filmed the shots from the roof how I could. 


When I finished filming as I was getting in the car a homeless came to me asking me for money and I didn't had anything so he kept insisting and I ran to the car. This gave me the realization that I couldn't film here not only is the light non-sufficient but it's very very dangerous to film at night. My other option is to film on Davie which also has a deteriorated kind of setting. This is not a setback but an improvement, I'm slowly making process you could say.




                                           This is the light that I used in order to improve the lightning in Wynwood.

No comments:

Post a Comment