Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Filming the chase scene

So, I thought, what's a different way to film a chasing scene? On where we zoom in and we see the character running? Or one from the POV of the monster? None. How about one where even the main character apparition of the character gives you a jump scare? or How about one where the character exiting somewhere perfectly fills the music and adds both tension and fear at the same time? Now you're speaking my language. I did both, the last both. I succeeded my goal by perfectly recording my entrance door with color stability with two pots.

 I did a pan left following where the character was running. Then a back shot following where the character was heading. Then I did a continuity shot with the leaves we saw in the introduction. Then (my personal favorite shot) I got in one of the bushes and started running inside them as I were to be the POV of the monster while the camera was following the main character. And finally a close up of the face of the main character while she's running. I looked at the shots and they were all pretty great I'm really excited on how this is going to turn out.
 Shot stability between the two pots. (looking like the shinning twins)

No comments:

Post a Comment