Monday, February 24, 2020

Problem in music department

On the 20th of February I asked Universal Music Productions to use a song I wanted to put on my film opening. I was pretty excited since this song combined perfectly with what's being seen on camera and it would connect with the audience. The song was Andrea Bocelli's Con Te Partirio. Today I received a email from Universal Music Production saying that to use that song I had to pay seven hundred dollars. I am currently devastated and I personally feel that is pretty unfair. I mean I am not going to gain any profit from this film, this is simply for my education. I guess I'll just simply continue looking for other songs, this time copyright free. Who knows maybe I find even a better one.
Because of my change in music I looked for non-copyrighted classical music which can also invoke the same effect as the song as chose before. My goal is to impact the audience not only though the visuals but also through the music. On my research to find a perfect song I found a song which mainly plays the violin and then comes in with a spooky tone. With this song came a new idea, which was to add a scene in which the main character performs a violin solo while she's running from"It". The violin solo will be placed in a antique filter in order to show that it was before and also to show that our main character has a backstory that is also important.


No comments:

Post a Comment